راهنما:الفبای آوانگاری بینالمللی فرانسوی
(تغییرمسیر از راهنما:الفبای آوانگاری فرانسوی)
شباهتهای زبان انگلیسی در بعضی موارد خیلی حدسی هستند، و فقط برای یک آگاهی کلی از تلفظ در نظر گرفته شدهاند. آواشناسی فرانسوی را برای نگاه دقیقتر در صداها ببینید.
- The French rhotic varies from region to region, though it is often uvular, especially in Northern France; the more common pronunciations include a voiced uvular fricative [ʁ] and a uvular trill [ʀ] and sometimes [χ] (after voiceless consonants). It can also be a social class marker, a guttural "r" being strongly associated with less educated / working class speakers, and a more rounded[نیازمند شفافسازی], less pronounced "r" (similar to the German rhotic when placed at the end of a word) associated with the upper classes.
- In European French, /[[|ŋ]]/ is often pronounced [ŋɡ].
- /[[|x]]/ may be replaced by /[[|ʁ]]/.
- only in Belgian French
- In Metropolitan French, /[[|ɑ]]/ is often replaced by /[[|a]]/. The distinction is present in Belgian French and in Quebec French.
- Less common in France than formerly (except in syllables with coda [ʁ], [v], [vʁ], [z] or [ʒ], where it may be considered a lengthened allophone of /ɛ/), though still present in the speech of some conservative speakers. /ɛː/ as a phoneme was widely recorded in French dictionaries until the 1960s. However, the two vowels are merged, with [ɛ] acquiring the longer quality of [ɛː] before [ʁ], [z] and [ʒ]. The distinction is present in Belgian French and in Quebec French. In Quebec French, the distinction remains before [v] and [vʁ] (with /ɛː/ being subject to possible diphthongization), despite /ɛ/ being lengthened in this context; thus rêve [ʁaɪ̯v] is not a rhyme with lève [lɛv].
- In French, /[[|ə]]/ is pronounced with some lip rounding ([ɵ̞]); for a number of speakers, it is also more front and may even be phonetically identical to the vowel /[[|œ]]/. In Metropolitan French, /[[|ə]]/ is rounded and fronted, making it phonetically identical to /[[|ø]]/.
- In Metropolitan French, the south excepted, /[[|œ̃]]/ is often replaced by /[[|ɛ̃]]/.
- Stress falls on the last full syllable of a phrase, except in emphatic speech.
- Used sparingly.
- Latent final consonant is pronounced before a following vowel sound.
- French Phonetic Transcription Converter—Free Online Tool to convert French Text to IPA Phonetic Transcription